The Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP) provides non-emergency transportation services to Medical Assistance (MA) recipients to MA covered services within MATP's service area and schedule.
This includes transportation services to and/or from a medical facility, physician’s office, dentist’s office, hospital, clinic, pharmacy, or purveyor of medical equipment for the purpose of receiving medical treatment, medical evaluation, or purchasing prescription drugs or medical equipment.
MATP transportation services include: public transit, private automobile mileage reimbursement, and para transit. MATP determines which transportation mode is the least expensive and most appropriate available to meet the needs of each consumer. MATP transportation services do not include emergency medical transportation that would normally be provided by an ambulance, or transportation to an emergency room.
The para transit service area includes Jefferson County and:
- Armstrong County
- Clarion County
- Clearfield County
- Elk County
- Forest County
- Indiana County
Contact Jefferson County MATP at (814) 938-3302 or 1-800-648-3381 for the days and hours transportation service is provided.
This project serves Jefferson County.
To be eligible an individual must:
- Be a permanent or temporary Jefferson County resident
- Be a Medical Assistance Recipient
- Have an MATP eligible Medical Assistance code
- Apply and be determined eligible for MATP services
- Need non-emergency transportation service to get to and from a Medical Assistance covered service
An escort may accompany an individual if:
- The individual is a minor
- The individual is physically or mentally incapable of traveling alone
- The individual does not speak English
Transportation services include:
- Free fixed-route public transportation
- Fixed and deviated route public transportation tickets or tokens
- Recipient mileage reimbursement
- Fixed and deviated route public transportation monthly passes
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Shared Ride program
- Pre-arranged para transit services
- Ambulance transportation
- Transportation to the emergency room
- Transportation for non-medical services such as grocery shopping
- Transportation for any service not covered by Medical Assistance
- Transportation outside MATP's service area, schedule, or applicable closest provider
- Transportation for trips of 1/4 mile or less
Any individual whose request for services has been denied, reduced, or terminated will receive written notification and information on their right to request a Fair Hearing from the Department of Public Welfare.
Local Phone: (814) 938-3302
Toll Free: 800-648-3381
Fax: (814) 618-1017
Community Action, Inc.
105 Grace Way
Punxsutawney PA 15767
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4: 30 p.m.