The Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency’s (PHFA) administers Pennsylvania Housing Affordability and Rehabilitation Enhancement (PHARE) Funds awarded to Clarion County. Community Action, Inc. subcontracts with Clarion County to operate the Emergency Shelter and Rental Assistance (ERRA) Project. ERSA provides:
- Assistance to homeless individuals or those at risk of homelessness
- Assistance with housing emergencies such as foreclosure, eviction, and essential utility termination, as well as emergency shelter and assistance to locate permanent housing
- Assistance with budgeting, and addressing other issues affecting the household through referrals to community resources
This project serves Clarion County.
What Does ESRA Offer?
- Support with housing stabilization through case management. The household creates a housing stability plan with the case manager based on individual/family needs.
- The case manager and household maintain a minimum of monthly contact to assess outcomes.
- Financial assistance may be available to help pay for security deposits, utilities, rent, mortgage, and emergency shelter.
ESRA Eligibility Criteria
For additional information please contact Melissa Schill, ESRA Case Manager
- Must be resident of Clarion County
- Household must be homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Household income must be within the area median income guidelines
- Must participate in case management, meet with the case manager at least monthly, and follow through with recommendations.
Toll Free at 1-800-997-47661 or 1-814- 226-4785 ext. 207